By Kenneth L. Gosner
Более a thousand иллюстраций, сгруппированных по визуальному сходству, демонстрируют виды морских растений и животных атлантического побережья Северной Америки от залива Фанди до мыса Гаттерас. Путеводитель содержит советы, как находить различные виды, используя информацию по географическому распространению, местообитанию, сезону активности и климату.
Доп. информация: Файл является рипом с сайта Google Books. Этим определяется отсутствие некоторых страниц (до 20% от общего числа) и невысокое разрешение сканирования (около a hundred dpi).
Мои раздачи биологических определителей, справочников, учебных пособий и монографийБудьте добры, нажмите на кнопку Сказать "Спасибо"!
Read Online or Download A Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore PDF
Best zoology books
Small animal imaging has been well-known as a major instrument in preclinical learn. however, the result of non-invasive imaging are usually disappointing due to number of a suboptimal imaging modality and/or shortcomings in research layout, experimental setup, and information review. This textbook is a pragmatic advisor to using non-invasive imaging in preclinical learn.
From again conceal: Paranormal Animals of Europe is a box advisor to those magically woke up creatures. unique descriptions and approximately a hundred illustrations support deliver each one animal to existence. come back to nature and brighten up our Shadowrun crusade. (Description via http-mart)
At some point soon during evolution—from a primeval social association of early hominids—all human societies, prior and current, may emerge. during this account of the sunrise of human society, Bernard Chapais indicates that our wisdom approximately kinship and society in nonhuman primates helps, and informs, rules first recommend via the prestigious social anthropologist, Claude L?
- Fifty Common Birds of the Upper Midwest
- Cryptic Female Choice in Arthropods: Patterns, Mechanisms and Prospects
- Conservation in the 21st Century: Gorillas as a Case Study (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)
- Primates in Fragments: Complexity and Resilience
- Current Trends in Wildlife Research
Additional resources for A Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore
Animals grow faster and become larger under ecologically favourable conditions than they do when food is in short supply. In most cases, this will be a consequence of such environmental variables as climate and habitat productivity, but the mother's ability to provide enough food for her offspring may also be important considerations, as will be serious setbacks such as illnesses at crucial stages of rapid growth. Because the conditions experienced early in life determine an animal's lifetime growth trajectory (see Graham 1968, Guzman 1968), early experience can radically alter an animal's competitive ability later in life independently of its genetic inheritance.
As the number of animals competing for a given resource increases, so the average expectation of gain for each individual decreases because there is less to go round. If dominance comes into play, some individuals may even be excluded altogether from access to the resource. Frequency-dependent effects of this kind play an important role both in population genetics and in behaviour at the individual level (Ayala and Campbell 1974, Maynard Smith 1982; for an introduction to this area, see Parker 1984).
1. Frequency ofpredation attempts in four populations of Papio baboons, ranked in relation to the quality of the habitats they live in (with forested habitats being the richest). 0 - 0 ~ wet Forested . wet wet cty wetcty • Open Source: Data for populations at, from left to right, Bole and Awash, Ethiopia, Gilgil and Kenya, summarised by Dunbar 1984b. Ambosel~ SURVIVAL STRATEGIES 41 (1977) reported a marked increase in predation on vertebrates (mainly birds and rats) during periods of severe food shortage.
A Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore by Kenneth L. Gosner